Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Let the Embarrasing Moments Begin

Embarrassing Moment #1
Last week while changing Claire’s wet diaper at a public restroom, a lady walks into one of the stalls and within moments she is stinking up the entire place. Claire instantly starts sniffing and loudly saying, “eew, stinky”, “eew, pooh pooh”, “dross mama” (dross = gross). And every time the lady made some sort of bodily function sound, Claire would loudly announce for all to hear “POOH, POOH!!” I was totally embarrassed…..but I bet that poor lady was mortified.

Embarrassing Moment #2
So ya know how when you need to check your little ones’ diaper to see if it is dirty, you just pull the diaper back a little bit and look down to see if it does indeed need to be changed and perhaps you will sniff their cute little bum. Well Claire has starting this new thing that is quite embarrassing but even more so when she does it to some stranger in a very public place……

We were recently attending a high school soccer game since one of my Mia Maids is on the team. Claire and I are sitting on the grass next to a bunch of other people and Ms. Social Bug Claire is just going around saying hi to the people near us when I notice that she is leaning down near this lady’s rear end and is pulling the lady’s pants back as far as she can and getting closer and closer so that she can look down her pants and smell to see if this lady needs her “diaper” changed. And of course, even though this lady doesn’t need her “diaper” changed, Claire starts saying “eew, pooh pooh” while looking down this lady’s rear end. I am sure my face was bright red!!! And we left the game soon after.

6 comments:

Taya Millward said...

Oh dear, I think I laughed until I cried! That is hilarious. Just wait until she starts potty training, and announces that she has to poop in the middle of sacrament meeting.

Jordan Atkinson said...

I, too, laughed until I cried!! (Yes I just got done reading the post. I'm a fast reader!) Claire is so cute but is a pain sometimes. She is still a cute little bundle of joy. I LOVE YOU CLAIRE!! Hugs and kisses, from Uncle Jordan. I <3 you, Tina!

Matt Hale said...

So funny! At least you have good stories to tell!

Brittnee said...

She is too fuuny! You sure have your hands full! I love it.

Momtothree said...

Jared and I got a good laugh out of this one

James, Kira, Rylee, Jett and Maddyson said...

Oh boy! I don't think I have any stories quite that bad, but you definately have a few to tell by the time they're out of the toddler years.
Sounds like she's a handful, Jett's been the same way. Sometimes the only thing you can do is just laugh and realize that most other people around you have been parents too and know that you can't control what comes out of a toddler's mouth. Good luck!