Thursday, November 8, 2012

Leaves are falling all around...

 
'Leaves are falling all around,
on the rooftops, on the ground...' 
Lately everytime we happen to be playing in the backyard this song just pops into my head and I end up singing it over and over again. I don't even know where I have heard the song before.  Is it a primary song?  I don't know.  But some how the lyrics and melody got stuck in my head and as long as it is fall outside I think they are just going to be staying there.  For weeks and weeks Claire has been anticipating leaves all over the ground, raking them up, jumping in them, and who knows what else.  So lets just say it was a very happy day around our house when the leaves finally fell.  Her and Crue and all the cousins spent hours outside.  At one point Luke was putting the leaves on the trampoline for them and they thought that was the coolest thing ever.     
 
 
 
It's not just outside that we have leaves (or in Crue's diaper)...we have them inside too but these ones this mama really likes.  We put together a Thankful Tree for Family Home Evening.  Each evening until Thanksgiving we all write on a leaf something we are grateful for and then place it on our tree.  It has been so fun hearing the things that Claire is grateful for and coming up with things for Crue.  Can't wait to see how full our tree gets before Thanksgiving. 

0 comments: