Monday, November 11, 2013

Grandpa Christley and the Fire Station

Several months ago (Yep, I totally forgot I had these pictures on my camera) my grandpa came out for a visit and while here he received an award from the fire department.  He was the fire chief in town way back when.  We ended up having a birthday party for him as well at the fire station.    It has been several years since we have been able to get all the family together and it was so nice being able to catch up with everyone.  I love my family so much.
 
Grandpa going for a ride.

Me and the girl cousins

 We had many races to see who could get suited up first.  Here is Claire and Ri having a race. 
Claire won this time. 

Claire has the best cousins.
 
Of course my little man wanted in on the action too.

The highlight of the day for the kiddos was definitely getting a ride on the fire truck.  The great grandchildren were loaded on top and were taken on a ride around the block.  Despite the look on Crue's face, he really did love it and still talks about how cool it was.  So why the sad face??  He had just bought a root beer from the vending machine and was not allowed to take in on the fire truck.    Talk about a traumatic  moment in his little life...he also still talks about how sad it was that he had to leave his drink behind for a whole five minutes.



0 comments: