Thursday, July 30, 2009

Summer Fun

Yesterday I decided to take Claire to the swimming pool. Claire would stand on the edge and then jump in the water and have me catch her. It was really cute. We did that until my arms were tired. After awhile a little boy about two years old was standing next to Claire and his mom was trying to get him to jump in as well. Claire just watched and watched. Well, Claire is not a patient child at all and I think she got tired of waiting for him to jump into the pool. So what does Claire do? Of course she walks behind this little boy and with both hands she shoves this little boy over the edge and into the water. It was really funny and I am glad that the little boy’s mom thought it was too. She was laughing harder than I was.





Here are the pictures that I promised to post of the little playset we made Claire. A few weeks ago my brother asked us to go over to his house and teach him how to make enchiladas. After dinner we headed back home and during the three minutes it takes us to get home we had decided that we wanted to make Claire a playset with a slide. So instead of going home, we headed up to Home Depot and bought everything we thought we would need, went home and put Claire to bed, turned up the music in the garage, and spent the next five hours working on Claire’s playset. Luke and I had so much fun. We would have finished it that night (well at this point it was actually morning) but we had run out of wood and needed to make another trip to Home Depot. Finally we quit working at 2:00 in the morning and finished it over the next few days.

We made a ladder leading up the platform thinking that Claire would be able to use the ladder next year. Boy was I wrong!! Ten minutes later, she had mastered the ladder.

When I am watereing the garden, she will climb up all by herself and then I will hear her yelling “catch”. The silly girl isn’t afraid to climb the ladder but she needs me there to catch her has she goes down the slide. We love watching her play on it and play in the sand box that we put underneath.

0 comments: