Saturday, August 6, 2011

You and me going fishing in the dark

My second year down at Dixie I took a fishing class with my roommate Jennie. I think we both must have been needing a break from all the required classes so we were looking for a fun class. And when we heard that a weekend camping/fishing trip to Lake Powell was required, we quickly signed right up for the class. We had a blast and ever since then I have loved fishing.

Skip ahead several years and one summer night my love for fishing totally changed my life. I thought I was just going fishing with my little bro, my cousin (Heidi), and her hubby (Kelly) but when I got to our fishing spot I noticed that they had brought Kelly's cousin with them. And boy was he hot!! And the rest my friends is history. Now I have the best fishing buddy with me for eternity and I am loving every minute of it. And it is definately a bonus that he will clean fish and eat them too. Hey, I like catching a fish, just nothing else after that.

This spring we started taking sunday drives up to the reservoir to see how full it was getting and pretty soon Claire started talking about going fishing. So one monday night for Family Home Evening we headed up with our fishing poles and tackle boxes. I got to hang out with my little man and watch Luke teach Claire how to fish. I hope she starts to like fishing as much as I do.


0 comments: