Wednesday, September 7, 2011

First day of school


The long awaited day finally arrived. Claire has been talking about going to school for at least a year now. Every time we drove by the school she would ask again when she could go. And I'm sure it was her biggest motivator when it came to potty training. We bought her a back pack weeks ago and she took it around to show everyone...whether they cared or not. And yesterday morning she was so excited she could barely eat.



My baby girl had her first day of school. I took her early so I could try and get a few good pics and I though it might be easier on her if she got comfortable in the school before it was totally full. Ha, I think all the other parents were thinking the same thing. She was a little nervous at first and I did have to sneak out after telling her that I should go check on her backpack in the other room. (Hey, it was the only fib I could think of at the time and she thought it was a great idea!!) And I probably would have been a little sad and shed a tear or two but she was so excited which got me excited too. And the first day went great!! She came out and said "Mom, I had a good day at school and I didn't even cry!" Yay!!!

1 comments:

Taya Millward said...

The first one is always the hardest. They do everything first, so it's a little emotional. I am not looking forward to sending Keiryn though, I think she just might be harder because she's my last. The last time I get to do anything like that again. Sigh. Enjoy it while you can, they grow up fast.