Saturday, December 10, 2011

And so it begins....


Last week Claire come up to me and whispered "Mom, I want you to come see the guy I love". What!! Did she really say what I thought she just said? Yep, she did! The guys she loves is on Little Rascals. I just assumed it would be Alfalfa or one of the other guys in the He-Man Woman Haters Club. But noooo. She drags me into the other room to show me this guy...


One of the bullies. The bad boy. And she is OBSESSED with him and defends him every time he comes on the tv and I happen to be in the room. I constantly hear "Mom, the guy I love is not a bowl" or "He is not a boss, Mom" or "I just love the color of his hands". The word 'bully' will not stay in her head and I'm not quite sure what the hand thing is about.

Her proclamation that she loves a guy was made even worse since earlier in the day while we were at Walmart she said "Mom, I decided that I really like bras. Can we me one today?"

Then the other day she told me what she wants for Christmas - a tent full of gummy worms, gummy bears, licorice, suckers, candy, chocolate, candy canes, and 'the guy that she loves' to sit in the tent and eat candy with her.

Then yesterday...
Claire: "Mom, If I push somebody then I should give him a hug when I say I'm sorry, right?"
Me: "Did you push somebody today at school"
Claire: "No, I didn't push Beckham.......but I am thinking about it"


I wasn't expecting this for at least a few more years.  Seriously where does she get this from!! 
Hmm, maybe we should just lock her in her room for the next twenty years or so.

0 comments: