Thursday, December 22, 2011

Why I love my kids





Claire

1. She is always happy.

2. At chuck-e-cheese she was redeeming her tickets and she passed on the lipgloss, rings, bracelets, stickers, and necklaces, and instead she chose a plastic green beetle.

3. She loves sleeping with her face pressed up against something. She used to wake up with her face covered in mesh marks if she slept in a pack-n-play. Now she wakes up with bright red marks on her face from having it pressed up hard against the sides of her toddler bed.

4. She tells me and Luke constantly how much she loves us.

5. We go on walks and she will talk about totally random things. One of my favs was when we were walking to the library and she was planning out her 17th birthday party....a little mermaid party!! Maybe I will plan her a surprise little mermaid birthday party when she turns 17.

6. She changes her clothes all day long and at least 75% of them are pajamas. And at least 90% of the time they are on inside out or backwards or both. And yes, she does realize they are on wrong and she prefers it that way. I have learned to pick my battles and this is not one of them.

7. Each month she changes her mind on what she wants to be when she grows up. Some include pouring cement, cutting down trees, driving a garbage truck, and her latest is working at American burger. What can I say, she has high expectations for the future.

8. Claire: "Mom, I need the keys" (with mismatched shoes, my purse on one shoulder, and her stuffed animal in Crue's car seat that she is dragging towards the door.)

Me: Where you going

Claire: I am going to the store to get a drink. Can I get you anything?

9. She has great ideas. Here is her latest. She wants the sky and mountains to be prettier and wants to color them purple and pink. So the plan is to pick up her favorite babysitters and drive to the mountains, climb a ladder to get to the top of the mountain so she can touch the sky, color the sky and mountains with her crayons and markers, and then ride a slip n slide all the way to the bottom of the mountain until it ends at a really big bounce house. And she asks several times a day if we can do what she calls "My Really Great Plan"

10. She calls fruit loops "The Beautiful Cereal"







Crue

1. His favorite toy is a bag of potatoes and he knows exactly where they are kept and how to get to them.

2. He thinks he is just the coolest little boy when he can let go of the couch and balance himself.

3. He likes to follow around his sister because she will give him things that his mama wont.

4. He is going to have great baby abs. He likes to lay in the crib and lift both legs in the air and slam them back down. He will continue to do this until he is asleep.

5. Claire can get him to laugh so hard that milk comes out if his nose.

6. One evening he was in the excersaucer and he was throwing a fit. He was tired and fussy and just wanted me to hold him but I couldn't at the moment. So there he was whining away when Claire comes running through the kitchen and trips on absolutley nothing and falls flat on her face right in front of him. And Crue just bust up laughing...so hard he had tears running down his face.

7. He gets so excited when me and Claire go get him in the morning and will just start laughing and bouncing up and down

8. He is extremely patient with his big sister and all the things she tries to do with/to him. But he sure lets her know when she has gone too far and he is sick of it.

9. He is always so happy and is the easiest baby ever!!

10. His smile just melts my heart.


1 comments:

Chris and Jenn Roundy said...

I love your lists! Your kiddos are so cute! I especially love the things that Claire says! She has the best imagination! I'm bummed we didn't get to the zoo, but hopefully we get to see you guys again. Merry Christmas!