Thursday, June 21, 2012

Who's Awesome!!

That would be my man!!  Several weeks ago we were in Home Depot and I mentioned that I wanted a new mantle.  We spent a little while walking around and pricing things out and figuring out just how we would make it WHEN we would eventually get around to making it.  Well sometime during our little trip to Home Depot Luke decided just to get everything we needed and he would make it that night.....and he did.




Fifty dollars and four hours later we went from this old mantle.....

 (Notice how I have not really done anything with it.  I was not very deep so everything I put up there had to be lined up so I just didn't really bother doing much of anything.)



to this amazing new mantle....

Well almost this....don't ya hate it when you are almost finished with a project and then realize at nearly midnight that you are out of paint and all the stores are of course closed. But other than painting he had my new mantle done that night.



AND I LOVE IT!!!!

The old mantle had been there for as long as I can remember.  I remember my grandma and grandpa had pictures lined up along that mantle so I was a little sad to see it go.  But since we have slowly been re-doing the house since we bought it, it was definitely time for something new. 


I even had a little help from this little munchkin who has insisted that the entire house needs to be decorated, inside and out, to get ready for the parade.  And yes, she is wearing her Halloween witch costume from two years ago as she makes Independence Day decorations.  Her full outfit for the day was her witch costume, a cat mask, pink cowboy boots, and she wouldn't go anywhere without carrying her baking soda volcano toy that our neighbor gave her. I LOVE THIS GIRL!!

Did I mention that I love my new mantle... but not nearly as much as I love my hubby.  Thanks Babe!!

0 comments: