Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Milestones


It has been a week of milestones for us.  First of all Crue turned 18 months old and is officially in nursery.  Yay!!!  He has actually been going for the last month on the weeks that I had primary stuff to attend to.  So does he like it???  Nope.  Not at all.  But he is doing much better since our favorite babysitter just got called to be in nursery and he just loves her.  The downside...our ward just got split and when we go back he will have all new leaders and all new kids to get used to. 

 
That smile just melts my heart. 
 

And now a few milestones for Claire. On Tuesday she started her dance class.  She has been talking about this for months and was so excited.  I bought her a leotard last Thursday and she has insisted on wearing it everyday since then.  Her reasons for wearing it were awesome. "But Mom, I think daddy really wants to see me wearing my dance costume."  or "But Mom,  I think I need to go show ___________ my dance stuff".  And she thought EVERYONE needed to see it.  My fav was when she insisted that her buddy Braxton needed to see it.  We could see him across the street waiting to go to kindergarten so Claire insisted that we go show him.  This is how it went. 

Claire:  Braxton, come see my new dance costume.
 He walks over to her without saying a word.
Claire:  Braxton, don't you like my new dance costume.  I look pretty.
Braxton gives her a weird look, rolls his eyes, and walks away and goes back into the house. 
Claire:  Mom, why is he acting weird?
Me:   He's not baby.  He is just acting like a boy.
Claire:  Oh.  Okay. (confused look)

 

She is in a ballet/tap/jazz class and she absolutely loved her first day.  She was excited when she saw that her best friend from school was in the class too.

 

Then today Claire started her second year of preschool.  She walked in, found her best friend Alabama, and never even bothered to say goodbye to me.  I think she was getting tired of summer and she was ready to go back to school weeks ago.  I just can't believe how big my beautiful little girl is getting. 

 




0 comments: