Thursday, September 27, 2012

TOU Half

Earlier in the year I blogged about trying new things, stepping out of my comfort zone, challenging myself, blah,blah blah.....
Well my moment of insanity arrived last month -- The Top of Utah Half Marathon.
It was a great experience and I am so glad that I did it.  It was fun, exciting, and the last two miles were extremely painful.  (haha....Guess I should train a little bit more next year)  It was great seeing so many of our friends running it as well.
For years Luke has been trying to talk me into doing a 5K with him and I have refused.  Then I decided I would run a 5K with him even if I walked half of it....and I did walk half of it.  Last year my goal was a 5K without walking at all.  And this year was the half marathon.  Now I can check that one off the good ol' bucket list. 
 
Yep, this is the only picture we have.  I was hoping for a picture of us over at the finish line but walking was too painful by then. 
 

And one more thing...Luke is awesome!! During my last mile I saw him walking back to find me and then he ran with me until just before the finish line.  Im not sure I could have finished if not for him telling me not to stop.

0 comments: