Sunday, August 23, 2009

What happened to our baby girl??

I took some pictures today and realized that our baby girl no longer looks like a baby. She is a little girl full of personality and determination. We love her so much.



One year ago


Here are a few of our favorite things about our little sweetheart.

When Claire and I walk into Home Depot, she immediately starts looking around and calling for her daddy. I guess she has gone there so much with her daddy that she thinks he is there instead of at work.

She loves doing laundry and will start pounding on the side of the washer until I bring over a chair and a basket full of clothes for her to put in. Then she will sit on the chair and play until the load is done so that she can help me put it into the dryer.

At the grocery store, she thinks the lady behind the counter at the deli is playing peek-a-boo with her when she ducks behind the meat case to get something out.

She loves throwing away her own stinky diapers. In fact, she gets very upset if she doesn’t get to do it.

Every morning before I (Luke) leave for work I give her a bottle and tell her I love her and she waves bye.

Every time Luke and Claire walk in the back door, Claire will have her dad pick her up so she can pull on a chain that hangs there and say “toot, toot”.

When she saw Luke kissing me the other day she said really loudly, “eewww”.

She has a favorite pair of shoes and that is the only pair of shoes that she will wear.....pink and white sneakers. I will get her all dressed up for church with her sandals on and several minutes later she will walk over to me with bare feet and carrying her sneakers for me to put on her.



So this picture doesn't really have to do with anything but I LOVE the shoes. I saw them last night and just had to get them to go with her new dress. Apparently Claire likes them too. She found them earlier today in the shopping bag and brought them over so I could put them on. I love Target and the $8 shoes I got there!! Maybe I will be able to get her to wear somthing other than the pink and white sneakers.

4 comments:

Jordan Atkinson said...

There are so many cute and funny things about Claire that I love! I especially love how she pulls on the chain outside and says "toot, toot!" and so many other things about her!

Matt Hale said...

I burst out laughing when I read the part about her saying "ewwww." That is SO funny! Claire is adorable and she is lucky to have such adoring parents!

sarah marie. said...

tina! oh my gosh i have never been happier to have someone find my blog. you look incredible and so happy. i could not be happier for you and your perfect little family. how is your mom and stephanie and everyone!?

James, Kira, Rylee, Jett and Maddyson said...

What a crack up! She's such a cutie. The stinky diaper thing cracked me up cuz that's exactly what both my kids did. Some of the grosses jobs are the ones they insisted on helping out with.
Love targets toddler girl shoes! They're so cute. I was sad when Rylee grew out of them because they're just not as cute for the older girls.