Friday, March 23, 2012

A new adventure

Several years ago Luke and I went to movie called Yes Man.  I am not a big Jim Carrey fan and there were several parts of the movie that I just did not like at all.  And to tell you the truth I don't think I would even recommend the movie to anyone.  So it may sound funny that I am saying that watching that movie changed me.  In case you haven't seen the movie, Jim Carrey challenges himself to say "yes" to everything for an entire year.  Anyway, I left the movie thinking about all the times I have wanted to do something but talked myself out of it for one reason or another.   Since then there are many things that I have done simply because I challenged myself to say "yes"  a little bit more often.  I have taken cake decorating classes, had a booth at several craft boutiques with a friend,  cooking classes, signed up for several 5k's last year and now a half marathon this year, and many more.  Some things I had been wanting to do and others I really had no desire to do at first but did them anyway. And I have learned a lot and grown from each experience.  So a few weeks ago I got a phone call asking if I was interested in coaching Claire's soccer team.  Of course I said "no".  I have no experience at all.  I wouldn't even have a clue where to start.  Then last week an email went out saying that they still had not found a volunteer to coach one of the teams.  So crazy me said "yes".    Since then I have been reading up on the subject and watching many videos and even went to another soccer practice to see what I could learn.  I am nervous to do it but I am excited to give it a shot.  And I must say that seeing my little munchkin try on her soccer uniform yesterday and call me "Coach Mama"  all night long made me even more excited for the season to begin.  So wish us luck.  Our first practice is next week.        

0 comments: