Saturday, March 24, 2012

I Heart Spring!!


This weekend we decided to forget all about cleaning the house and doing laundry and instead enjoy the wonderful weather outside and get some yard work done.  Okay, I can't honestly say that we decided this since it was kind of decided for us when the power went out for nearly 12 hours.  But I would honestly rather be outside working in the yard than cleaning the house any day. 

Have I mentioned that this guy can seriously fix anything. Just another reason why I think I will keep him around :) Oh, and maybe because I LOVE HIM!! He spent the weekend fixing the tiller, tilling up my garden and flowerbed, doing the maintenance on the lawn mower, and painting around the back porch.

(notice Crue trying to get away from Luke? Yep, he is still on his "I am mommy's boy and I don't want anyone else to look at me, get too close to me, or touch me, especially dad" kick. But I think it is fair since Claire is definitely a daddy's girl.)

 



This little boy is so funny.  Every time we go outside he finds some dirt,  puts some in his mouth, decides he doesn't like it, spits it out, and then won't do it again until the next time I take him outside.  Luke had just finished tilling the garden and Crue walked into the soft dirt and just started to giggle.  It totally made my day.

And my little girl still loves getting dirty too.



We hooked up the baby swing and Crue LOVED it.  He had a huge smile on his face the entire time. 



And one last picture.  We walked into the backyard and the apricot tree was in full bloom.  Strawberry apricot jam, here we come!!


I'm sure tomorrow I may regret spending the entire day outside especially when I am trying to find clean church clothes for everyone in the morning.  But hey, I will deal with that later.  :)

0 comments: