Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Spring Break

Spring break came and went and we enjoyed every minute of it. I guess the only reason I can say it was our spring break is just because Claire didn't have preschool for a week. I love that I get to spend my days with her and Crue. I sure will miss it in a few years when I have to send her off to school.


Claire was in charge of treats for Family Home Evening, her favorite thing to be in charge of. She likes doing lessons too and she has done some pretty good ones but she gets so excited when she is in charge of treats. So I was looking for something easy to do. Last year we tried making the rice crispy eggs. They look so easy to make in the commercial, right?? Wrong!! It ended up being a sticky gooey mess and ended up just eating rice crispy treats off our hands. Well this year this mama smartened up and had Claire make birds nests out of the rice crispy treats. So much easier than trying to stick them in an egg. And the best part was seeing how proud she was of her treats. Crue didn't dare eat his but sure thought it was fun to play with.



The one thing we missed doing since it was spring break was going to story time at the library.  Claire loves it.  Crue hates it ....all those books just at his level that he desperately wants to throw on the ground and I won't let him out of my arms.  Poor kid, I know.  Claire's favorite part is making the little craft at the end.  So we decided to have story time at our house with a craft at the end. 


And of course we had to color Easter eggs.     

My little munchkin came up with a great idea one day. "Mom, there are lots of people that don't have any Easter eggs and that makes them so sad.  I will put them in my bag and take them to the neighbors and they will be so surprised."  And surprised they were when Claire knocked on nearly every door on our street to deliver a candy-filled egg. 


0 comments: