Wednesday, December 12, 2012

My Little Dancin' Girl

Claire had her first dance recital last weekend.  She practiced and practiced and all her hard work paid off...she did a great job.  It was so fun to watch her up on stage dancing her little heart out. 

Her dance recital was all she could talk about all day long.  And her excitement doubled when she realized that she would get to wear a little bit of makeup.  Several hours before her recital she was bouncing off the walls with excitement.  "Is it time to go yet?  Mom, I think it is time to go?  Does my makeup still look good mom?  Dad, how do I look?  Dad, come look at my hair and see how beautiful it looks.  Mom, Dad says like I look like I am six years old!!  It's dark outside so I think its time to go.  Mom, I don't want them to start without me."....and on and on it went.   We finally decided to get out of the house for awhile and go out to dinner just hoping to get her mind of the recital.

 
 
 
Several days later she told me that she needed to sleep on couch that night with her tap shoes on because the next day was going to be a big day.  I love how her "Big Day" consisted of dancing at an assisted living center and then going to the ward Christmas party.  She was so excited about her "big day" that we couldn't tell her no. 

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

SHE DID A GREAT JOB!!! and LOOKED ADORABLE :)