Sunday, May 12, 2013

Claire's Big Day

I meant to get this posted awhile ago but I was having problems uploading pictures.  Lucky for me my husband is amazing and can figure anything out and he got the problem fixed in no time.  Just one of the reasons that I love him.

For months and months Claire has been looking forward to turning five and she would refer to her birthday as "my big day".  It was so cute. 

In the months and weeks leading up to her "big day" this is what we often heard....

"You are going to be mad at me in 5 more Mondays.  I will be five years old then and you said you would get mad if I got any older." 

"Mom, in five more Mondays I get to pick out underwear where the bigger girls get theirs."

"In four more Mondays I will get the birthday crown at school."

"Mom, look at these feet.  Don't these feet look like they are almost five years old!"

"Dad, in one more Monday I will be five years old.  Can you believe I am going to be five years old?"

"Wow!!  That is definitely a dress for a five year old girl.  I love it."

And on and on it went. 


Luke and I stayed up late to decorate her room.  She was so excited when she saw it. 
 

My stepmom would decorate our bedroom door for our birthday and I wanted to pass on the tradition.
 
This little guy thought the decorations were pretty neat too.

Due to the poor weather, Claire's field trip to the farm kept getting cancelled but it turned out great for us since we ended up going on her birthday.  I was pretty excited since this is the field trip that I had volunteered to attend.

Claire was pretty excited because the farm we went to was Aunt Janae's farm.  They had been told at school that they would be listening to the farmers wife tell them about the animals and Claire's eyes lit up when she realized that she knew the farmers wife.
The kids got to see goats, lambs, bunnies, puppies, and chickens.
 
We got to go in with the bum lambs and they would suck on our fingers.

Petting the bunnies.

 
Claire and her crown that she had been anxiously awaiting.
 
Luke didn't want to miss out on all the celebrating so he got off work early and later that night he took us out to celebrate.  Claire, of course, chose Panda Express. 


 
Happy Birthday Claire!!
You have brought more happiness into our lives than we ever thought possible.  You are smart, happy, loving, and absolutely beautiful.  We love you so much.

0 comments: