Sunday, May 12, 2013

From God's Arms, To My Arms, To Yours

Five years ago I became a mother.  It was something that I had wanted for years but soon realized it was not going to happen in the traditional way. I became a mother because a special young woman did the hardest thing she has probably ever had to do - she placed her baby girl for adoption.  She made me a mom.  I will never forget holding my beautiful baby girl for the first time.  She was only two days old.  She was perfect.  She was amazing.  We had been praying for her for so long and Heavenly Father answered our prayers.   Three years later I became a mom again when another amazing young woman placed her little boy with us.  I sat in the hospital nursery rocking my sweet baby boy soon after he was born.  My heart was full.  We had been waiting for this little boy, praying for this little boy, and he had finally come.  Heavenly Father has blessed me so much.  I have two children that make me so incredibly happy.  Each day they fill my heart with joy and it is an honor to be their mom.  Adoption is an amazing thing and hopefully soon we will be blessed with another little baby, someone we are missing in our family, someone that we are praying for each day,  someone that my heart aches for.    
 
http://youtu.be/yvLp4sIamMo This song is for the birth mothers out there.  You are so special and loved more than you could possibly imagine.  Thank you for letting it be possible for me and for others like me to celebrate Mothers Day.    

0 comments: