Thursday, December 31, 2009

A Great Way to End 2009!!

I can't believe another year has come to an end. I can't believe it is almost 2010!! Ten years ago I was down at Dixie College and loving every minute of it. Ten years ago Luke was in the Marines working in Japan. Ten years ago people were worrying about the Y2K bug.

2009 has been a great year. In fact, every year just gets better and better. The best part of 2009 has been watching Claire grow up. At this time last year, Claire was crawling all over the place and occasionally taking a few steps. Now she is running all over the place, climbing up everything she can, and she is full of attitude. She knows just what she wants and nothing will get in her way. We love her so much. Earlier this year we started the adoption process again and we are hoping that our little family will grow a little bit bigger in 2010.



Yesterday I knew we had a long day ahead of us. In an attempt to wear Claire out and get her to take an earlier nap, we went outside to shovel snow. I knew that the second I started shoveling the snow, she would want to help. We were only outside for about 30 minutes...but it worked. An hour later she was sound asleep. Three hours before her normal nap time.

Then later that day we got together with my mom and step-dad and all of my step-brothers and sisters and went ice-skating. We had so much fun!!


Then we were off to meet Claire's birthmom at Temple Square. I love being on Temple Square at Christmas Time. And it was really nice spending time with Melody. Of course, most of the time was spent watching Luke chase Claire around outside. But that was to be expected since Claire hates riding in a stroller and doesn't like being held.

1 comments:

Bonnie said...

Tina, I'm so amazed with you! You are such an amazing mom to Claire, and I will be praying that you will be chosen again soon!
You guys do the most fun activities, I love it!