Saturday, February 6, 2010

Food Makes Everything Better, Right??



Here is our conversation the other day after Claire came in crying to show me her finger that she had just smashed.

Me: Do you want me to hold you?

Claire: No

Me: Do you want me to give you a hug?

Claire: No

Me: Do you want me to kiss it better:

Claire: Uh-HuH

So I kiss it better but she continues with her crying...a very fake cry at this point.

Me: Is there anything else I can do to help you feel better?

Claire: Uh-HuH, Pizza.

Me: Okay, anything else?

Claire: Uh-HuH, Chicken Nuggets.

Me: Okay, anything else?

Claire: Uh-Huh, Soup. (I promise we do feed the child)

Me: Okay, anything else?

Claire: Uh-Huh, Cheetos.

Me: Okay, anything else?

Claire: No.

Me: So you don't want me to hold you or give you a hug....but if I kiss your finger better, give you pizza, chicken nuggets, soup, and cheetos, you will feel better?

Claire: Uh-Huh.

2 comments:

Bonnie said...

That's a girl after my own heart! Lol! All my favorite foods!

James, Kira, Rylee, Jett and Maddyson said...

Sounds familiar. We get the same story around here. What a cutie!