Monday, May 31, 2010

MeMoRiAl DaY fUn

I love Memorial Day. I love going to the cemetery. I love hearing the stories about our ancestors while we are placing flowers on their headstones. I love how all the family gets together on this day...something that doesn't happen quite as often now that our grandparents have passed away. I love the volleyball game that we always have and almost everyone plays, the bbq, and the homemade icecream...that I just realized nobody made this year. Most of all I love our wonderful family and I am so grateful for having amazing grandparents who started these Memorial Day traditions. We miss them so much.






And I love watching all the kids play together.












This year we played some "Minute to Win it" games at the family party.

Trying to get five penne noodles onto a spaghetti noodle without using your hands....



Trying to stack eight ding dongs on forehead....




Sorting M&Ms according to color...


And I saved the best for last....trying to get oreos from forehead to mouth only using face muscles.



I love you Mom!! The second she sees this lovely picture on my blog, I will be getting a not so nice phone call from her :)

0 comments: