Tuesday, May 18, 2010

"Riding a bike is fun to do, fun to do, fun to do. Riding a bike is fun to do, to do, to do, to do"

Last week I needed to take a package to the post office and I asked Claire if she wanted to walk there or ride a bike. She chose taking the bike. It is pretty much the first time I had rode my bike this year and I have to say that several blocks away from the post office I thought I was going to die. Boy am I out of shape!! The only reason I didn't stop and walk the rest of the way was because I knew the second I got off and started walking, someone I knew would drive past and stop, thinking that I had a flat tire on my bike and I would have to admit that I was just too weak to keep going. So we kept on going and eventually made it. Although I do have to give myself a little bit of credit since it is uphill all the way (okay, I know is is only slightly uphill but I sure could feel it), I was pulling Claire in the bike trailer, my bike was stuck in the hardest gear, and Claire was having me sing "Jesus Wants Me for a Sunbeam" to her the entire way.

My little sweetheart all ready to go on a bike ride. I know I say this alot but I LOVE spending everyday with her.

Since then we have kept on going on bike rides and I have started to really enjoy it. The best part is that I now have the cutest little tour guide. The entire way I get commentary from Claire about everything that we are passing.

"Look Mom!! Horses!! Stiiiinkyyy!!"

"I see a school bus. Oh, another school bus"

"There's a blue car" "And a red one too"

"See the airplane??"

"Oh, garbage cans. Gross!!"

"I see Dorothy's house"

"Look Mom, a Mud Puddle, a big Mud Puddle!! So much fun!!"


Me, Luke and Claire went on a bike ride to the park and ended up getting there right as Jackson's baseball game ended. Next time we will have to plan ahead so we can get there for the game.

Luke and Claire

0 comments: