Tuesday, July 27, 2010

If only I had known

6 Dollars in fabric
+
1 Dollar in elastic
+
2 hours sewing and watching The Office reruns while Claire is taking a nap
=

A new carseat cover
And that is all it took to instantly go from Claire hating her carseat to this....
"My carseat is so pretty"
"Can I sit in my new carseat"
"I want to show...(grandma, daddy, Rilynn, Brittnee, Kinlee)... my new carseat". And my favorite was "I love it, mom.", something that she has never said before about anything.

I have been wanting to make a carseat cover for quite awhile and then I stumbled onto a tutorial on how to do it. It was seriously easy!! I don't love the fabric that I used but Walmart didn't have the greatest selection and I didn't want to drive to Salt Lake to get something different. But Claire loves it and that is all that matters.
Here is the tutorial http://thequietcrafter.blogspot.com/2010/07/car-seat-fitted-cover.html. The only thing I did differently is that I only made slits for the top straps.

1 comments:

Matt Hale said...

Way cute Tina! If I ever have time, I am totally using your link to make one for Lucy!