Friday, August 6, 2010

And more summer fun!!

For awhile I didn't update our blog because it felt like not much was going on. Then there was suddenly so much going on that I didn't update our blog simply because I didn't know where to start.

Here are some highlights from the past couple of weeks.

* Luke ran in the Pioneer Day 10k and did a great job. I can't remember what place he took though.

* While at the park after the race Claire followed some guy around that had just finished the race...nothing Luke or I said could convince her that the guy she was following was not President Eyring.

* Claire had a dirty diaper and in a very disgusted voice told me "I'm stinky, mommy. I smell like horse poop". She cracks me up.

* Went to a Bees Game with some good friends of ours. Had to wait in line for 45 minutes so Claire could ride the train....but totally worth it because Claire thought it was so cool. I would do it again in a heartbeat.

* Luke told me to take a day off from being a mommy and just go enjoy myself. He is the BEST!! I used the giftcard I got from him for Mother's Day and went and got a massage. First massage ever and I loved every minute of it. Then I had to decide if I wanted to go shopping or go spend the rest of the day with my two favorite people. Luke and Claire definately won that decision and we were soon playing in the backyard together.

* We have been loving the rain that we have had lately. Especially Claire...she is attracted to mud puddles.

* Went to the Discovery Gateway with my sister and niece. Two thumbs up.

* Spent the day with family up at Pineview Reservoir playing in the water. It is absolutely beautiful up there.

* Watching Claire carry an ugly pink flamingo lawn decoration (not ours!! I can't stand the things) with her everywhere she goes. She even put him in her stroller and took him on a 30 minute walk when we went to the store. She even told him how much fun mud puddles are and she pushed him through every puddle of water she could find. I love my little girl!!

* And perhaps my favorite thing about the past few weeks is just hanging out at home with my little munchkin, having bbq's, and playing croquet.

0 comments: