Sunday, August 29, 2010

The Importance of Life

I have to say that I absolutely love my calling. I love working with the YW in our ward. Tonight for Standards Night the stake had Jenny Phillips come and do her Remember the Journey fireside. It was AMAZING!! If any of you ever get the opportunity to attend one of her firesides, you do not want to miss this one. And the best part was that I think almost every single YW from our ward attended. All of the girls in my class are amazing girls and I love them so much.



Today in class we had a lesson called The Importance of Life. I remember I taught this lesson 3 years ago right after I was called into Young Woman's. It was when we were still waiting to get approved to adopt and it seemed like it was taking forever. The lesson went great until I read this quote by Melvin J. Ballard

“The greatest mission of woman is to give life, earth-life, through honorable marriage, to the waiting spirits, our Father’s spirit children who anxiously desire to come to dwell here in this mortal state. All the honor and glory that can come to men and women … is but a dim thing whose luster shall fade in comparison to the high honor, the eternal glory, the ever-enduring happiness that shall come to the woman who fulfils the first great duty and mission that devolves upon her to become the mother of the sons and daughters of God”

After reading this quote again today I was kind of shocked at how much I have grown in the last three years. I didn't cry once!!! There are still thing that I don't understand. There are still things that can he hard to deal with. And thats okay. I have come to understand that the mission that Heavenly Father has for me is a little bit different. And I am fine with that. More than anything I am so eternally grateful that our birthmother chose life for Claire. I am glad that she chose me to be Claire's mommy and Luke to be her daddy. Being Claire's mother and Luke's wife has been the greatest privilidge. We love our little girl more than we can even express.

We have been praying and waiting for over a year for another precious baby to bless our family. Does it sound strange that your heart can ache when you feel that there is a member of your family missing. I don't know how to explain it really....It is like we are loving and missing someone terribly, more that words can say...only this is someone that we have yet to meet. It is hard when you know that your family is incomplete yet there is only so much we can do and we feel like what we are doing isn't getting us anywhere. But we will continue to prepare for our family to grow, Claire will continue to pray each night for a little sister (occasionally it is a brother), we will continue to have faith, and we hope that all our dear friends and family will continue to tell others about us and our desire to adopt.

3 comments:

Brittnee said...

I love you Tina! Thanks for that quote, it touched me. You are such an inspiration to me. Your young women are very lucky to have you! You guys are always in my prayers.

Anonymous said...

I so needed your post tonight!! I often forget how bad I wanted these babies, when I'm tired and frusterated....I've only experienced a tiny bit of what you've been through with our infertility problems and I need to be MORE grateful, MORE thankful and MORE loving to my kiddos. I admire you and Luke, and hope that everything will work out with you getting another baby or 5 or 6:) Hang in there....you'll be in my prayers:)

Bonnie said...

Thanks Tina. I definitely needed to read this too. You are so amazing and inspiring. Claire is the luckiest little girl to have you as a mommy. You are in our prayers for another baby for sure. :)