Sunday, March 28, 2010

Highs and Lows...

What a Week!!
High...

Last weekend was our 5th anniversary. All I can say is that the last five years have flown by. Shortly before we got married a friend of mine celebrated her 5th wedding anniversay and I thought to myself "I get imagine being married five years". It is crazy how fast time flies. He was my best friend five years ago and he is still my best friend now. Marrying him was definately the best thing I ever did. We headed up to Midway since neither of us had been there before and we totally enjoyed just hanging out together. And then my dad gave us tickets to a Jazz game.

Not only do I get to spend each day with my best friend, I get to spend it with the best daughter in the world. They both make me so happy.

Low...
The moolah that we had set aside for this....

was instead used for this....



High...
The only good thing about our 20 year old dishwasher dying is that we happened to be by this around dinnertime when we were shopping for a new one....

and I think Luke planned it that way.

Low...
My new phone quit working (I can hear other people but they can't hear me) on the day that I REALLY needed it to be working.. Claire's first real injury.

Low...
I was helping my sister move to her new house when I my mom called to tell me that Claire fell off the couch and might need stiches. So I hurry home totally expecting to run into the house to a screaming kid. Nope, not my little Claire!! The bleeding on the back of her head had stopped and she is just playing and having fun. The only thing she is upset about is that Rilynn is sad. Rilynn is the kid that is traumitized by the whole incident, not ours, and Rilynn is sitting on the couch shaking. So after a trip to the ER, seven staples to close her scalp, a dose of tylenol, the promise of three suckers (a blue one, a orange one, and a pink one, to be exact!!), Claire is good as new. The only upsetting thing about the entire day to her is that we wouldn't let her play on the swings that evening.

High...
I have the absolute best calling ever. Saturday night I went in to the Conference Center with the YW in our ward for the Young Womans Meeting. All I can say is that it was amazing....especially Elder Uchdorff's talk. If you didn't get a chance to hear it, you should definatley go to LDS.ORG and download it.

1 comments:

Brittnee said...

Congrats Tina! You guys look as happy today ad you did five years ago! Poor Claire, what a trooper. Glad everything is ok with her!