Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Is Spring Here Yet??

Claire and I have been enjoying the last couple days of nice weather since it probably wont last long. Monday I needed to go to the store so we decided to walk there. The maybe 40 minute walk lasted over two hours...with me pushing an empty stroller most of the way and Claire pointing out every bird, garbage can, rock, and "imaginary" airplane up in the sky. Then yesterday morning Claire discovered my stash of sidewalk chalk and thought it was so cool so we headed outside again to color on the porch....and the cat.





It was Luke's birthday a few weeks ago. I think we are both in denial about him turning 30. He didn't want a party and I wouldn't even buy new candles for the cake. I guess he will be 29 for a couple more years. :) To be completely honest, I think Claire was the one that was totally excited about his birthday. All day long she would walk around the house yelling "Happy Birthday". I let her pick out some balloons for him at the store and she was so indecisive. At first she wanted a Dora balloon but then she spotted a pink octopus balloon. She has had a fascination with octopuses lately....strange, I know. Then she finally settled on an Elmo balloon. She carried those balloons around the house for days.


3 comments:

Taya Millward said...

Thirty was hard for me too. I think that was the worst birthday ever for me. I was depressed all day long. I got over it, now it's all down hill. I turned 33 this year but it didn't suck as much as thirty. I feel your pain Luke.

Bonnie said...

SO cute! My husband didn't like turning 30, either. I think it's a hard one. :)
By the way, what is that cake?? I want some right now!! Lol!

Matt Hale said...

Tina, I was the exact same way about Matt's 30th birthday this year. I just kept putting off planning it for some unknown, subconcious, weird, lame reason. It turned out great...I just felt bad afterwards because I kept thinking I had failed Matt!