Thursday, January 6, 2011

And more traditions...

Another tradition that I love is going bowling on New Years Eve and then heading over to my Dad and Holly's for dinner (usually pizza) and then games.

Erich, Alexa, and Holly. Alexa and Grandma Holly chose to sit out the game. Alexa is 8 months pregnant and Holly was helping with the kiddos.


The first thing out of her mouth in the morning was, "Mama, lets go bowling." And it was repeated every 15-30 minutes for the rest of the day until we got to the bowling alley. And I absolutley love how she has started calling me "Mama". My other favorite is when she was calling me "honey" last year.



Claire had a blast bowling until she discovered the arcade. Then she kept running between the two since she couldn't decide what she wanted to do more.


My sister and her fam.


Claire's strategy at skeeball was to pick up as many balls as she could at at one time and then throw them overhand as hard as possible. Luke's strategy was to play the game as fast as he could, taking balls out of Claire's hands if possible to limit the chance of someone getting hit in the head.


Claire, Ben, Rilynn, and Caitlyn


Erich and Ri


Aren't these seriously so cute!!! She kept these on her feet the entire 2 hours we were there. Claire has always hated shoes and socks. She takes them off faster than I can put them on. Oh, and she hates coates too....another reason I will be glad that winter is over.


Claire showing off her new dress that she got for Christmas


Claire and Grandpa


Grandma and the girls


Luke and I actually stayed up til midnight this year.


Ping pong tournaments are always played during the holiday season. Sam trying to beat my dad. Sam won the first game of bowling and then had us touch his "magic hands". Apparently we rubbed the magic right off since he didn't even come close to winning the second game. Here is is trying to get the magic back.


We had a great 2010 and we are excited to see all that can happen in 2011.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a fun way to spend the day! I love the bowling pics.