Sunday, October 17, 2010

How to ruin a good weekend



There are many ways a good weekend can be ruined. Being asked to talk in church at the last minute is one way. Finding out the weather will not cooperate with you plans is another way. And it my case, it was being asked to have a new church calling. I knew my calling in YW wouldn't last forever. But I thought I had at least another year left. I was already anticipating girls camp next summer. I have heard of women crying when they got released from their callings in the Young Woman program But I never thought it would be me. Things don't affect ME that way. Well I was WRONG....DEAD WRONG. Friday night I cried and cried after the bishop left our house. Saturday was a little better but not much. And Sunday I escaped as quickly as I could so I wouldn't cry there. What can I say...I loved my calling. I love the girls. They are so strong. So Good. The best examples. I would love it if my daughter grows up to be like each and every one of them.

The good news is that I have only had my new calling one week and I am already starting to love the primary too.

Girls, (You know who you are)
Thanks for the best two years. Thanks for all the laughs. For all the spiritual times. For all you taught me. I love you all!!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ahhh! That stinks. I know how you feel. I am in the primary in our ward too. I really like it, but I miss YW alot!