Sunday, November 21, 2010

Grateful Day 18
Nursery - We love hearing about the things that Claire learns in her nursery class each week. She has the best nursery leaders too. Claire is constantly talking about her teachers and all her friends in class. The last couple of weeks when I am reading a book she will come up to me to show me her scriptures (her hands put together to look like a book). She will come home singing primary songs that I haven't taught her.

Grateful Day 19
Family - I am so grateful for my parents, step-parents, brothers and sisters. And Luke's family as well. I am glad that we all live near each other. It seems like we have all grown a lot closer the past few years and I am happy that we have.

Grateful Day 20
Traditions - My grandparents had many traditions that I grew up with and I am grateful that a lot of them still continue. Some are big traditions and others are pretty simple but they are all important. One tradition that I have been able to participate in the past couple of years is that of getting together and making pies the day before Thanksgiving with my mom and sister and anybody else that happens to want to join us. I am really looking forward to doing this again in a few days.

Grateful Day 21
Snow - It started snowing last night and normally it doesn't stick much so I was surprised when Luke woke me up early this morning saying that the power was out and there was a lot of snow on the ground. Of course, Claire is instantly asking for Nick to come play with her and build her a snowman. Instead she headed outside to help Luke shovel snow. I am grateful for how beautiful and clean the snow makes everything look. I especially love the trees covered in snow. I love seeing Claire all bundled up in a snowsuit that is several sizes too small and wearing mismatched gloves. (I guess I will be searching for new snow stuff this week) And I love watching Luke teach Claire about serving others as they headed out to shovel more driveways. It was one of those pure happiness, heart overflowing moments.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh what fun!

Bonnie said...

I know I've said it a million times, but I really wish we could find a day to do lunch. I love your posts, you are always so inspiring. (I feel horrible I haven't even returned your shoes yet... I'm so sorry!)