Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Gratitude Day Two

Grateful for the best grandparents ever. I miss you both!!

1. Garden - To be more exact, I am so grateful for my amazing grandpa who instilled a love of gardening in most, if not all, of the grandkids. Today Claire and I were outside enjoying the wonderful fall weather and cleaning up the garden. I love that all summer long we can just go out to the garden and pick almost anything we need instead of having to go to the store. There is just something very satisfying in seeing a garden start from a bare patch of ground in the spring to overflowing with yummy fruits and vegetables several months later.

2. Sewing - As far back as I can remember all the girls in the family would get together at my grandparents home several times a year to make blankets. The blankets were for the new babies that would soon be welcomed into the family or for the cousins that were getting married. I have recently started picking up on this hobby and have started to love it. I am not good at sewing by any means and I don't think I could follow a pattern if my life depended on it, but one day I hope to be.

0 comments: