Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Gratitude Day Seven
The Changing Seasons - This may sound odd since I don't necessarily like the snow. Actually, the snow I like, the cold I don't. But still I love the first big snowfall. I love the spring flowers, the hot summer nights, the falling leaves. It is all just so beautiful. One of my favorite things is being at home while it is snowing outside, with the fireplace going and homemade soup on the stove.

Gratitude Day Eight
Stay-at-home Mom - I don't know if I could handle leaving Claire all day to go to work. When Claire was about six months old I went back to work to fill in for a few months while a co-worker had surgery. It was only twice a week but it nearly drove me crazy being away from Claire. As much as I absolutely loved my job, I prefer staying at home and raising my daughter. I am so grateful that Luke and I took a leap of faith and trusted that things would work out and I quit my job once Claire was born.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the change of seasons too. While I do not relish the idea of shorter sunlight hours, I do enjoy snowfall. I love to cuddle up with a warm blanket, a mug of tea, and a good book while it is snowing. I also love walking during snowfall. I love the sound (or lack of sound) that it creates.